We adore our children and love spending time with them but, lets face it, we all need to take a break from the regular routine to have an evening out sometimes. Now that summertime is in full swing, grab some girlfriends (or a date) and head out for some fun!
Here are some of my ideas for the perfect Mom’s Night Out– Summer Edition!:
- Capitol Federal Amphitheater: Enjoy the beautiful Kansas skyline while attending amazing concerts at the new Capitol Federal Amphitheater in Andover. Upcoming acts include: Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band- June 16, Terri Clark- July 21 and Plain White Tees- August 11. Visit their website to keep up on upcoming concerts and to purchase tickets.
- Drums Across Kansas: A one-night-only show on Monday, July 16 at 6:30pm at BG Products Veterans Sports Complex in El Dorado, KS. In its 21st year, Drums Across Kansas brings a one-of-a-kind show like you’ve never seen before. Grab your girlfriends, or make it a friends & family night, and enjoy watching top drum and bugle corps in the country compete into the gorgeous Kansas sunset. For more information or to purchase tickets visit their new and improved website.
- Dam Music Festival: After a successful inaugural year, Dam Music Festival is bringing a bigger and better overall experience in its second year. Who said a Mom’s Night Out just has to be one night? DMF offers two days of music, sand and sun at El Dorado Lake on July 27 & 28, 2018 near El Dorado, Kansas. Enjoy the lake and all it’s amenities during the day, then prepare for top tier national artists performing under the beautiful kansas sky at night.
- KEYN Summer Concert Series: This Wichita summer tradition allows concert goers to enjoy beautiful Kansas nights in the WaterWalk Commons and dance to live music from area bands. Several of Wichita’s favorite food trucks will be out at the concerts again this year. Check out the WaterWalk Fountains show schedule here.
- Tuesdays on the Terrace, Botanica Wichita: Each Tuesday night, the Garden mixes things up with live music, happy hour and horticulture at Tuesdays on the Terrace at Botanica Wichita. Enjoy cocktails, beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages from The Bar’s Open from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and view the summer garden until 8 p.m. Clear your schedule, pack a picnic, call your friends and relax in the Gardens.
- INTRUST Bank Arena: Take advantage of the great acts that the INTRUST Bank Arena brings to our great city by having a Mom’s Night Out enjoying an indoor concert. Some big names are coming this summer (Journey/Def Leppard, Imagine Dragons, Sugarland, 311/Offspring & Lynyrd Skynyrd, just to name a few!), so check them out and allow yourself to let loose and have some fun!
CATCH A LIVE PERFORMANCE:
- Music Theater of Wichita: In their 47th season of bringing us Broadway-scale musicals, Music Theater Wichita is definitely Broadway, uniquely Wichita. This summer they are bringing shows like Freaky Friday and Pippin that would make Mom’s Night Out a memorable one!
- Orpheum Theater: From comedians, to concerts, to movies, the Orpheum Theater features world-class entertainment and serves as a resource for local and national music, dance and theater. Check out what they are bringing to town and savor your evening out!
LOCAL DRINKS & GAMES:
- Central Standard Brewing: 3 p.m.- 10 p.m. Thursday, 3 p.m. – midnight Friday, noon to midnight Saturday, noon – 5 p.m. on Sunday.
156 S Greenwood St.
- Hopping Gnome: 3 p.m.-10 p.m. Thursday, 3 p.m.-midnight Friday, noon-midnight Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday
1710 E Douglas Ave.
INDULGE IN CONVERSATION:
- Cocoa Dolce: To say I frequent Cocoa Dolce would be a giant understatement. The beautiful atmosphere paired with delicious sips & sweets makes the perfect place to catch up on life with friends.
- Reverie Roasters: Another place I frequent often is Reverie Roasters… are you catching on to a theme here? Their new gorgeous and eye-catching location is something that needs to be seen for yourself, not to mention their updated drink, bakery & food menus!
- Milk Float: I bet you wouldn’t guess that this gem of a place is another frequent favorite. Milk Float offers homemade treats and creatively crafted coffees, milkshakes and more!
CRAFTING & CREATING:
- Paint and sip during an evening out at Pinot’s Palette. What could be better than time spent having fun and painting with friends? They provide everything needed for a great time!
AN EVENING GETTING PAMPERED:
- I’m sure I’m not alone that I wish I had a professional to do my hair daily. Now that we have Tousled in Wichita, we can! Whether you have plans to attend a special event, or you would just like to not have to worry about doing your hair, this is the perfect place to step into to feel empowered, relaxed and beautiful.
- ‘Nuff said. We enjoy stepping up movie night by attending the adult-only options at the Regal Cinemas, which include the Director’s Suite at Warren Old Town (seat-side food/drink service and comfy recliners; large groups can even reserve the whole suite and pick your film), Warren Old Town (seat side food/drink service after 6 p.m.), Warren 21 ((recliners and private lobby/concessions) and Warren East Balcony (seat-side food/drink service, heated love seats). Because what is better than being able to eat, drink & watch a movie, all at the same time??
- Grab a girlfriend and schedule a class at a local gym. Spending time with a friend and getting fit at the same time?? Definitely a win-win!!
There are many fitness options in the Wichita area to fit many lifestyle wants/needs. Personally, I love the beautiful atmosphere and variety of classes offered by Opti-Life, a new, state-of-the-art health and fitness center in East Wichita. They also have a great Opti-U room to host events to touch the community through lessons on fitness, nutrition, relationships, communication, time, balance, celebration and more!
Some of our community moms also had a fun mom’s afternoon out at Barre Forte Wichita. They offer convenient locations both in East and West Wichita!
What are some of your favorite Mom’s Night Out ideas to do in Wichita this summer? We’d love to hear!
Make sure you never miss out on things to do in Wichita: subscribe to our weekly Wichita Moms Blog newsletter! Be the first to know about our exclusive events, special offers and discounts, neighborhood group activities and, of course, local resources and parenting voices powered by local Wichita moms!