Everyone has made their resolutions, the kids are back in school, so what’s next? We’ve got quite the list of activities for the entire family! If you are still looking for even more warm and cozy fun, check out the 10 Best Places for Indoor Fun in Wichita and Coffee Shops in Wichita.
January 2018 Events in Wichita
Jan 1: Start the new year off outdoors by participating in Take A Hike.
Jan 2: If you’re looking for fun and furry things to keep the kids busy, check out Critter Camp.
Jan 3: Your elementary aged kids will love crafting at the Snow Family and Pets camp.
Jan 6: Let the kids try their hand at ham radios with Kids’ Day on the Radio.
Jan 6: Now is the time to let your kids try ice skating for free!
Jan 6: Relive your grade school glory-days with friends or significant other at January Adult Skate Night.
Jan 8: Moms, teens, and moms of teens, bring a glass item to the Mulvane Public Library and learn etching.
Jan 9: Free preschool story time – bring the littles to hear some Fish Tales.
Jan 10: Warm up with a fun story time for the kids and a coffee for you!
Jan 11: Join the WMB team for a preview night at the brand new Opti-Life.
Jan 13: Warm up with WPD at Winter Coffee with a Cop.
Jan 13: Upper elementary kids will enjoy puzzling out how to safely transport an egg while Falling for Rapunzel.
Jan 18: If you’ve never seen it, or want to introduce your big kids, The Pink Panther is playing at the Orpheum.
Jan 20-21: Exploration Place opens a new traveling exhibit: Rescue!
Jan 20: Thes kids can play while the parents are away at Sports Forum’s Parents’ Night Out.
Jan 20: When you start to lose motivation for your New Year’s resolution, change it up – try paddleboard yoga!
Jan 23: Learn what it is like to have a learning disability for greater empathy and communication.
Jan 24: Be strong and confident with Fearless and Female.
Jan 25: Guided tours of the Frank Lloyd Wright Allen House resume with complete renovations.
Jan 28: Little and big girls will enjoy an elegant tea party with Miss Kansas.
Jan 28: Celebrate Kansas Day at the Sedgwick County Historical Society with free activities and music.
Jan 29: Bingo fun for the whole family at Chick-fil-a!
Jan 30: Get our preschooler on the right track with Art Start at WAM.
Neighborhood Group Meet-Ups
Wichita Neighborhood Mom Groups are having all kids of activities in your neighborhood and connecting online to share recommendations and advice. Click here to join your Neighborhood Group, and see below for what’s going on near you this month.
The West Side/Goddard group is staying warm with a meetup at Jumperoo on January 26.
The East Wichita/Andover group AND the North Wichita/Bel Aire Group will be hosting private (free!) classes at Barre Forte East. East Wichita is attending on January 14 and North Wichita on January 19.
Join your friends in Derby/South Wichita for a Moms’ Night Out on January 25.
Central Wichita is getting together for a storytime at Botanica on January 25.
Regularly Scheduled Programming:
Many local places have recurring events that are great for moms and families, and you can find them here:
- Aviate has Junior Jump Monday through Friday for the younger crowd.
- Botanica has a Sunny Days Storytime every Thursday morning.
- Sensory Friendly play at Exploration Place on the second Sunday of every month
- Urban Air has Jumparoo Toddler Jump every Tuesday and Friday.
- Family Night at Museum of World Treasures is the first Thursday of the month.
- Make ICT has free access to their makerspace every other Monday.
- Celebrate Science Friday at Blue Baboon Books with a craft and non-fiction story.
- Kansas Children’s Service League has a support group for Parents of Special Needs Children on the third Monday of every month.
- Moxi Junction hosts story and craft time every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30am.
- Local libraries have story times almost every day: check out our Guide to Wichita Story Times.