2nd Thursday in December in Central Park
Evening festivities include a tree lighting ceremony, pictures with Santa, chili cook-off and tasting, hay rack rides through the park, cookie decorating, hot beverages, holiday-themed crafts, and live music provided by Andover schools. Attendees donate new toys, staple and canned goods, and cash donations to benefit the Andover Food Bank and the local non profit, Caring and Sharing.
- December 2, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Clearwater Chamber of Commerce
- Come out for a great evening of kids’ activities and crafts, cider, chili, train and hay rack rides, and of course, Santa, arriving by fire truck. The event is free and open to the public.
- November 16, 2017 at 6 p.m.
- Madison Avenue Central Park
- Come enjoy Derby’s annual Tree Lighting Event! This year will be bigger and better at its new location. Come out for a great evening of kids activities and crafts, cookies, hot chocolate, and of course, Santa! The event is free and open to the public.
- First weekend in December
- Mary Catholic Church & School, 2300 E. Meadowlark
- This event includes more than 300 nativity displays created around the world.
- Build your own tin of your favorite cookies in the Cookie Walk. Tins range from $4 to $18.
- First Saturday in December
- Swaney Elementary School, 501 E. English
- Want to serve as a vendor? Contact Amy Bringhurst at [email protected] or 641-1561.
- First Saturday in December
- Woodlawn United Methodist Church, 431 S. Woodlawn
- First Sunday in December
- Derby Public Library, 1600 E. Walnut Grove
- This fun family event features pictures with Santa Claus, train displays, crafts, refreshments and more.
- Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017 at 6 p.m.
- Sponsored by the Derby VFW Post and American Legion
- Parade Participant Packet
December 2, 2017 8am-Noon
Cookies, bake sale, and more!
December 16, 2017, 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM @ Oil Museum
“Santa’s Workshop” Make like an elf and craft! Crafts & activities for all ages.
December 9, 2017, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM @ Civic Center
Do you sell cool vintage wares or do you make handmade goods? If so do we have the event for you! The Butler County Employee Association is proud to present the 2017 Holiday Extravaganza. The deadline for vendor registration forms is Monday, October 16th. If you think you might be interested or have any questions please contact Teresa Hiebert at 316-258-6255 or [email protected]
Final Friday happens the last Friday of each month. Art galleries, museums, restaurants and retail shops around Wichita stay open late and welcome visitors. Recognizing that Downtown is the artistic and cultural center for the region, the Q-Line trolley service transports art lovers to the concentration of venues in Downtown. The ride is free and allows attendees to park once and visit several galleries.
Dash through the season with two live science shows Frosty and Frozen and Holiday Science Spectacular!