Andover eCademy students get “All the Best Parts of School.” Andover eCademy is a K-12 virtual school that enables students to take ownership of their learning and has some of the state’s top teachers who work with families through a blended learning environment. We combine the benefits of the virtual and traditional classrooms and eliminates many situations that might interfere with your child’s education. This combination of benefits has proven to create an environment that leads to a natural love for learning.
Why Students Excel in Virtual Learning with Andover eCademy:
1. Blended Learning Environment: Andover eCademy has its own classrooms and school office in a real brick-and-mortar school where students can come and take part in regular group lectures and activities led by our teachers. These face-to-face sessions help augment the online learning with hands-on labs, field trips and other cooperative learning activities, while also providing students opportunities for social interaction.
2. Award Winning District and Top Curriculum: Andover eCademy is part of the award-winning USD 385 Andover School District and provides a curriculum regarded as the best available. This curriculum meets College and Career Readiness Standards, and embeds these standards into each lesson.
3. Flexible Schedule: Students can perform their schoolwork on a schedule that fits their family’s needs. They can also spend more time on difficult lessons, or work quickly through subjects learned easily. This flexibility also allows students opportunities to succeed in and out of the classroom. For instance, eCademy students have been involved in gymnastics, equestrian competitions, acting, and other activities that require daytime involvement. Although eCademy students are allowed a flexible schedule, deadlines are assigned for lessons and tests to ensure standards are maintained.
4. Teacher Support: Andover eCademy teachers are all highly qualified and Kansas certified. Teachers monitor student progress and proactively interact with students and parents. They provide weekly live lessons and work to motivate and encourage students. Teachers are available for questions and support via phone, Skype, message boards, email, and face-to-face interaction.
5. Technology: A full-size laptop computer is available to each student for accessing their online lessons and completing assignments.
6. Virtual Sessions: Teachers meet with students weekly to provide educational support, prepare
students for state and other curriculum assessments, and to supplement the curriculum with engaging, interactive lessons.
7. In-House Days: Teachers hold regular in-house sessions that provide students opportunities for face-to-face interaction with teachers and other students. These sessions are used for classroom presentations/lectures, interactive activities, science labs, writing workshops, field trips, and social events.
8. Enrichment: For students interested in the arts, science, technology, sports and other extracurricular activities, eCademy helps connect students with their home district schools for participation.
9. College Credits: High school students have the opportunity to enroll in college courses for dual credit for both high school and college. It is even possible for a student to take enough college coursework to earn an Associates Degree while still attending eCademy.
10. Academic Success: eCademy students consistently perform above local, state and national averages in assessment reports. The academic honors and college scholarships earned by eCademy students show their success has no limitations.