Are your kids home from school and needing an activity to burn off excess energy? Check out this list of things to do before you drag yourself to the community pool one. more. time. For more great ideas, we have a list of free things to do in Wichita, our Guide to Summer in Wichita, as well as the annual summer bucket list!
June 2017 Events
June 2- 10: Wichita Riverfest has a little bit of something for everyone!
June 3: The annual Andover Police and Fire Festival is free, fun and fabulous for the whole family.
June 3: Take advantage of USA Martial Arts & Fitness’s Parents’ Night Out.
June 4: Grab your girlfriends (or your hubby) for a fun afternoon of painting and wine.
June 4: The butterfly house at Botanica will open with a flying-themed family event.
June 6: Relax and center yourself with tai chi on the lawn at the Wichita Art Museum.
June 6: Register to attend Chick-fil-a’s special story time.
June 7: Join runners all over the world for The Big Run.
June 8-11: Ballet Wichita is bringing the Wizard of Oz to a park near you!
June 8: Join your new closest friends for a summer wine tasting at Love of Character.
June 9: Show your Wichita pride with the Keeper Loves ICT painting class at the Mid-America All-Indian Center.
June 9: The Hutchinson Symphony is providing a free, family-friendly concert in the park.
June 11: Support other women and our community at the Dress for Success brunch.
June 12-13: Your baseball loving child will love American Baseball Camps Wichita Fun Camp.
June 13: The Wichita Art Museum wants your preschoolers to come to art camp!
June 14: Your kids will enjoy the paper bag dog craft at the Kids’ Weekday Workshop.
June 14-18: The Roaring Twenties are in style at MTW’s presentation of Thoroughly Modern Millie.
June 17: The important men in your life will appreciate your support at the Zero Prostate Cancer Run/Walk, with activities for the entire family.
June 23-24: Kechi invites you to join them for their 32nd Annual Fair.
June 23-24: Moms of elementary-aged girls will appreciate the Mother/Daughter Campout in Haysville.
June 24: Everyone loves tacos, and everyone will love the Wichita Taco Fest.
June 24: Jungle Book is the free family movie showing at New Market Square.
June 25: All of the little princesses in your life will be a twitter over meeting Belle at her magical story time!
June 28-July 2: MTW presents a family-friendly musical – Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
Neighborhood Group Meet-Ups
Wichita Neighborhood Mom Groups are having all kids of activities in your neighborhood. Click here to join your Neighborhood Group, and see below for what’s going on near you this month.
Central Wichita/Downtown Moms: June 8 – The littles always enjoy storytime at Elderslie Farm!
El Dorado Moms: June 9 – Ballet Wichita is performing Wizard of Oz in the park.
West Wichita/Goddard/Maize: June 22 – Come play at the Maize splash pad!
Derby/South Wichita Moms: June 28 – Get your rear in gear with a trial class at Barre Forte.
Regularly Scheduled Programming:
Many local places have recurring events that are great for moms and families, and you can find them here:
- Aviate has Junior Jump Monday through Friday for the younger crowd.
- Botanica has a Sunny Days Storytime every Thursday morning.
- Sensory Friendly play at Exploration Place on the second Sunday of every month
- Urban Air has Jumparoo Toddler Jump every Thursday and Friday.
- Family Night at Museum of World Treasures is the first Thursday of the month.
- Make ICT has free access to their makerspace every other Monday.
- Kansas Children’s Service League has a support group for Parents of Special Needs Children on the third Monday of every month.
- Moxi Junction hosts story and craft time every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30am.Rock River Rapids hosts tot time every Saturday morning in the summer.
- Local libraries have story times most every day: check out our Guide to Wichita Story Times.