Summer is in full swing around here and the kids are getting restless! If you are looking for 4th of July plans, look no further. We also have a list of summer movies to beat the heat, and the Wichita Area Mom’s Guide to Summer. Several churches have great VBS plans in July, too. In addition, here are some great events happening in July!
July 2017 Events in WIchita
June 28 – July 2: Music Theatre Wichita delivers a family favorite – Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
July 1: Old Cowtown is celebrating America the old-fashioned way!
July 7: The entire family will enjoy a free concert at Dillon Nature Center!
July 7: Drop the kids of to hang in the Hall of Heroes while you enjoy a date night!
July 8: Craft with your child and learn to make an Eskimo yo-yo.
July 8: Derby crafters will love the pinterest party at the library.
July 11: The library is popping up downtown with free books and more!
July 13: Barry’s Recreation Station is popping up at a park for family fun time.
July 15: Wichita Art Museum is celebrating a birthday in style – join them for an ice cream social and a community art project.
July 16: Enjoy “Chimps and Salsa” with a Mexican food fest at the Sedgwick County Zoo.
July 17: Drums Across Kansas is a fun and exciting percussion treat for everyone in your family.
July 18: Learn how to control clutter in your home with this great workshop.
July 22: Your family will enjoy an artventure at WAM, Color Explosion-style.
July 25: Join WMB at Botanica for a fun Tuesday on the Terrace.
July 28-29: If you like country music, the Dam Music Festival promises to be a good time.
July 29-30: Crafty mamas will love the Mosaic Workshop at Everyday Beaut.
July 29: Grab your lawn chairs and head to New Market Square for family movie night featuring Moana.
Neighborhood Group Meet-Ups
Wichita Neighborhood Mom Groups are having all kids of activities in your neighborhood and connecting online to share recommendations and advice. Click here to join your Neighborhood Group, and see below for what’s going on near you this month.
El Dorado Moms: July 15 – Get wet and wild at the Kansas Oil Museum.
North Wichita/Bel Aire: July 18 – Head to Valley Center with the kids for a date at the splash pad!
Derby/South Wichita Moms: July 26 – Grab the kids for a sweet treat at Milkfloat.
Regularly Scheduled Programming:
Many local places have recurring events that are great for moms and families, and you can find them here:
- Aviate has Junior Jump Monday through Friday for the younger crowd.
- In the summer you can enjoy our zoo in the evening during Twilight Tuesdays.
- Botanica has a Sunny Days Storytime every Thursday morning.
- Sensory Friendly play at Exploration Place on the second Sunday of every month
- Urban Air has Jumparoo Toddler Jump every Thursday and Friday.
- Family Night at Museum of World Treasures is the first Thursday of the month.
- Make ICT has free access to their makerspace every other Monday.
- Kansas Children’s Service League has a support group for Parents of Special Needs Children on the third Monday of every month.
- Moxi Junction hosts story and craft time every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30am.
- Rock River Rapids hosts tot time every Saturday morning in the summer.
- Local libraries have story times most every day: check out our Guide to Wichita Story Times.