The stockings are hung and the halls are decked. Have you checked out our Ultimate Guide to Christmas and Holiday Events in Wichita? If you are looking for even more to do this month, look no further – we’ve got you covered.
December 2017 Events in Wichita
Dec 1: Your mini dance fans will love attending the Kansas Dance Festival and seeing all the talent and choreography.
Dec 2: Exploration Place is opening their new aviation-themed exhibit: Design Build Fly.
Dec 2: Crafty moms and kids will twirl their hips in delight while making their own hula hoops!
Dec 3: Every preschooler in town wants to see Sesame Street Live!
Dec 5: Riverside Music Together is having free demos of their classes and teaching methods.
Dec 5-10: Wichita Children’s Theatre is performing The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.
Dec 7: Wichita Art Museum has free art classes for preschoolers; today’s is Winter WOW-ness themed.
Dec 7: The Finishing School for Modern Women wants all Enterprising Women to join them for a workshop.
Dec 8: If you need a night out, drop the kids off at the Humane Society for pizza and a movie.
Dec 10: Belle’s Christmas Ball is sure to delight the princess-obsessed littles at your house.
Dec 11-12: Take your little one to Botanica to learn the Art of Giving through the natural world.
Dec 15: If you enjoy game night, join other families at Sedgwick County Extension Center for Family Board Game Night.
Dec 16: Upper elementary and middle schoolers may enjoy a STEM activity at the library – 3rd Saturdays of Code.
Dec 20: Great Plains Nature Center is hosting Critter Tales with stories and finger play.
Neighborhood Group Meet-Ups
Wichita Neighborhood Mom Groups are having all kids of activities in your neighborhood and connecting online to share recommendations and advice. Click here to join your Neighborhood Group, and see below for what’s going on near you this month.
Derby/South Wichita Group will be meeting up for pizza and a show on Dec 2 at Wichita Children’s Theatre.
Regularly Scheduled Programming:
Many local places have recurring events that are great for moms and families, and you can find them here:
- Aviate has Junior Jump Monday through Friday for the younger crowd.
- Botanica has a Sunny Days Storytime every Thursday morning.
- Sensory Friendly play at Exploration Place on the second Sunday of every month
- Urban Air has Jumparoo Toddler Jump every Tuesday and Friday.
- Family Night at Museum of World Treasures is the first Thursday of the month.
- Make ICT has free access to their makerspace every other Monday.
- Celebrate Science Friday at Blue Baboon Books with a craft and non-fiction story.
- Kansas Children’s Service League has a support group for Parents of Special Needs Children on the third Monday of every month.
- Moxi Junction hosts story and craft time every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30am.
- Local libraries have story times most every day: check out our Guide to Wichita Story Times.