We are sure you’ve heard all of your friends in other cities rant and rave over their favorite grocery store…Sprouts! We are beyond excited Wichita is about to join the club, with our first store opening next week (off Central, just west of Central and Rock) . You don’t want to miss the grand opening specials and all this healthy grocery store has to offer (see below). But first, why Sprouts? Stay tuned as we post about our experience following the grand opening, but here is what we are initially REALLY excited about:
The store is known for offering a healthy selection, but for a fraction of the price. Feeding a family is not only challenging at times (hello picky eaters!), but also expensive. Sprouts prides itself on their health and value focus. They want to help families make healthy eating affordable. Their produce prices are on average 20 to 25 percent below traditional supermarkets. Um, sign us up!
Sprouts offers a complete shopping experience that includes: fresh produce, meat and seafood, bulk foods, vitamins and supplements, packaged groceries, baked goods, dairy products, frozen foods, natural body care and household items. As moms, it can be difficult to find time to go to the store at all, which is why we love that Sprouts can be a one-stop shop!
Each store contains around 18,000 products, 90% of which are natural or organic. Many of us want to use the best ingredients to feed our families, but it can be challenging and confusing. With over 90% of the selection falling into the natural or organic category, meal planning will be so much easier! Each store also offers a selection of attribute-specific items such as: 4,000 gluten free products, 3,000 organic, 3,000 non-GMO and 500 raw items, to name a few.
Sprouts is focused on helping our local community. Sprouts has a local Food Rescue Program and the new location will donate unsold and edible but not marketable groceries to the Kansas Food Bank. Last year, the company donated 12 million meals nationwide, helping to reduce the impact of hunger. We are beyond excited Sprouts will be helping those struggling with hunger in our own backyard.
With so much to offer shoppers and our community, we hope to see you at Sprouts next week!
RIBBON CUTTING on WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25th at 7AM:
7728 East Central Avenue
- The first 200 shoppers in line will receive 20% off their initial purchase, so get there early!
- Delicious coffee and muffin samples will be served to everyone before the doors open (They had us at coffee!)
- In the checkout line, every 15th shopper will receive a Sprouts coupon book.
- Every customer will receive one FREE reusable bag with purchase.
If you can’t make the grand opening but still want to partake in the fun, don’t miss these opening weekend specials:
- Saturday, January 28th: The first 200 customers to make a purchase will receive a coupon book for five free sandwiches.
- Sunday, January 29th: In the checkout line, every 15th customer will receive a coupon for $5 off a purchase of more than $15 the following week.
We can’t wait to try this Wichita newcomer!