Father’s Day is one of our favorite times of the year at our house. In addition to homemade crafts and framed pictures, we love to find something special to do with the man who’s known as Dad in our house. If you are looking to change things up a bit, here are 10 great ideas in and around Wichita to do with Dad on Father’s Day:
1) Take a short trip to Stearman Airfield and enjoy brunch with a show. They open at 7:00am for breakfast, and you’re sure to have a great view.
2) Head to Old Cowtown Museum for an afternoon of old-timey fun! Admission is FREE every Sunday from Noon-5pm!
3) Have a sportsman in your life? Take him to Diamond Archery to shoot indoor 3-D targets. They’re open from 12pm – 5pm on Father’s Day.
4) Does dad love cars? Surprise him with a trip to the Father’s Day Car Show at the Sedgwick County Zoo. Car show is from 8:30am – 4pm and impress day by saving some dough – his entry is free with a paying child.
5) Pack a picnic and head to Bartlett Arboretum for their Treehouse concert series. June 18th will feature Moreland and Arbuckle.
6) Grab a spot in the stands at Lawrence Dumont and take in a Wingnuts game. Don’t forget to wear purple to support the Alzheimer’s Association!
7) Take dad and get up close and personal with the animals at Tanganyika. Dad gets in for free (regular admission) with another paid admission! They’re open from 9am-5pm.
8) Zoom off to 81 Speedway for the Father’s Day special Bill Hall Classic. Kids 11 and under are FREE!
9) Sedgwick County Park is the perfect place to spend the day outdoors with dad. Pack a picnic, do a little fishing and end the day taking photos with dad in Memories Park.
10) Blast off to the Cosmosphere where dad gets in free with a paid admission!