An all too familiar predicament: your kids want to go outside to play, and the Kansas weather says, “Yea, that’s not going to happen.” If you find yourself staring at the same four walls and need a place to expend some energy and have some fun, check out the 10 best places for indoor fun in Wichita!
1. MyGym offers open gym hours weekly on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays for non-members. The Practice and Play class is suitable for children of all ages at just $8.00 per child.
2. Head to the indoor playplace at Towne East Mall or Chik-Fil-A.
4. Take some leaps and bounds at Urban Air Trampoline Park. The 30,000-square-foot indoor trampoline park offers open jump hours and designated jump times for toddlers and home-school children.
5. Attend one of the many story times happening all around Wichita.
6. Spend a few hours hanging out with a T-Rex and a few mummies at the Museum of World Treasures. The museum is open daily with family nights scheduled the first Thursday of every month.
7. Square off on an indoor foam dart battlefield at Dart Warz. Dubbed as an extreme Nerf arena, this relatively new attraction is suitable for kids ages 5 and older.
8. Expel any remnants of cabin fever at Jumpy Jump Land. The open jump hours vary each week and for each of their three locations. Pay just $5 for each child and, mom, you get to jump for free!
9. Play a round of glow-in-dark miniature golf at GlowGolf. Special florescent golf balls, putters and uniquely designed course all glow under black lights.
10. The Alley neatly wraps up indoor entertainment into one location with bowling, go karts, an arcade, and a laser maze. Oh, and they have pizza.